Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Hollidays

Hey everyone, I just wanted to write a quick blog today wish everyone a Happy Holidays. I was too busy with family obligations to do any birding today. I never even got to drive by Quidi Vidi for a quick 5 minute scan. Years ago I would spend the better part of Christmas day at the St.John's landfill. After I met my fiancee that tradition seemed to die for some odd reason? The dump seems like a great place to spend Christmas day to me,surrounded by thousands of gulls. Oddly Jen isn't so much into the idea..weird :)Of course, the landfill is no longer open to birders, or anyone else for that matter so it isn't even a an option to hold my Christmas day dump vigil these days anyway.

Tomorrow, myself and local birder Alvan Buckley will be participating the in St.John's Christmas count. I'm excited to be able to do the count after a 2 year absence due to work obligations. Now, birding is my work and I'm loving every minute of it! I'll post the details of our portion of the count on my blog tomorrow night. I may also be announcing another upcoming tour, I'm just trying to pull all the details together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts