I added a you tube gadget today that plays you tube videos. I plan on using it to feature a bird of the day. it's located at the end of the sidebar. Sometimes it will be related to my blog post that day,other times it will just be a cool bird that I like, or an interesting video.
Note** sometimes the video will change for no reason from my intended video, to some random you tube selection. I'm not sure why this is happening,but it seems to go back to the the intended video if you click on a photo or something,then click back to get back to the blog. I hope to have this sorted out soon.
If you were unable to access the bird of the day,or instead of a bird video you see a random musician or car video etc, please leave a comment and let me know,just so I know how this is working.
- ► 2011 (36)
- ► 2010 (38)
- Birding for Winter Specialties in Newfoundland
- The Best of Looks at the Rarest of Gulls
- Winter on the Southern Avalon Encore!! Jan 16th
- St.John's Christmas Count
- Happy Hollidays
- Southern Avalon Peninsula Birds and Caribou
- Dreaming of an European Invasion zzzzzzzzzzzzz
- Bird of the Day Feature
- Of Berries,Robins and Euro Turds
- Gull Workshop II Announced
- Newfoundland Winter Birds, in Newfoundland Weather
- Successful Day,but Mega Tired...
- Kumlien's Gulls of St.John's
- Introduction to Gulls Workshop- January 9th
- Christmas Came Early
- Winter on the Avalon Tour-SOLD OUT!!!
- Welcome (The Big year)
- ▼ December (17)
**Note This blog is posted in an effort to illicit responses from people with experience identifying silent Wood Pewees in the field. A g...
The purpose of this blog is purely to provide a large collection of photos of American Herring Gull wing tips. All photos are of adult birds...
Over the last few years I've been spending an inordinate amount of time studying weather maps and radars and then comparing those maps a...
This is a story about an encounter I had with a Yellow-legged Gull many years ago ( 8 years ago to be exact). For the unfamiliar, Yellow-leg...
This is just a short article in response to a recent discussion on the North American Gulls facebook group regarding ageing Glaucous Gulls a...