Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Content Soon!

Hey everyone. I was really hoping to have some new content to Post tonight, but I'm afraid its going to have to wait until tomorrow. I'm dog tired after a 12 hours birding day on the southern Avalon. I've spent the last three days birding with John Vanderpoel who is doing an ABA big year this year. he came to Newfoundland to pick up a few of our lingering rarities. We did well over three days scoring Black-tailed Gull, Slaty-backed Gull, Yellow-legged Gull and Common Snipe. We dipped on Redwing and Chaffinch, but those weren't really expected at this point. If you'd like to track John's progress on his big year you can visit his blog here John Vanderpoel Big year

I now have a couple of days off from guiding, but doesn't mean I won`t be birding. I`m doing a big year of my on this year. A Newfoundland big year and this year I`m not taking any time off. My goal is 260 species. Anyway, I`ll have more to say about that and much much more, including an article on YLGU`s vs. hybrids, more Iceland Gulls and lots of new photos. So please keep checking back and I`m sorry for letting the blog slip for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts