The response was great for this tour and it sold out in under a week. I keep my tours to a limit of 5 participants to ensure there is ample time for instruction if necessary. Part of the reason I started offering tours was to share the knowledge that I've accumulated over the last 10+ years of birding in Newfoundland. If your new to birding or visiting from out of town you can contact me to arrange a day trip or check back frequently to see what tours I have coming up. Thanks to everyone who has signed uip for this weekends tour it's gonna be great. I'll post a full trip list and report on Saturday evening on my blog and nf.birds at
- ► 2011 (36)
- ► 2010 (38)
- Birding for Winter Specialties in Newfoundland
- The Best of Looks at the Rarest of Gulls
- Winter on the Southern Avalon Encore!! Jan 16th
- St.John's Christmas Count
- Happy Hollidays
- Southern Avalon Peninsula Birds and Caribou
- Dreaming of an European Invasion zzzzzzzzzzzzz
- Bird of the Day Feature
- Of Berries,Robins and Euro Turds
- Gull Workshop II Announced
- Newfoundland Winter Birds, in Newfoundland Weather
- Successful Day,but Mega Tired...
- Kumlien's Gulls of St.John's
- Introduction to Gulls Workshop- January 9th
- Christmas Came Early
- Winter on the Avalon Tour-SOLD OUT!!!
- Welcome (The Big year)
- ▼ December (17)
**Note This blog is posted in an effort to illicit responses from people with experience identifying silent Wood Pewees in the field. A g...
The purpose of this blog is purely to provide a large collection of photos of American Herring Gull wing tips. All photos are of adult birds...
Over the last few years I've been spending an inordinate amount of time studying weather maps and radars and then comparing those maps a...
This is a story about an encounter I had with a Yellow-legged Gull many years ago ( 8 years ago to be exact). For the unfamiliar, Yellow-leg...
This is just a short article in response to a recent discussion on the North American Gulls facebook group regarding ageing Glaucous Gulls a...