Thursday, February 24, 2011

Coming Soon

I just finished my last of 6 days of combined touring with a Z Birding Tours group and a private client and I have to say I'm pretty exhausted. Therefore, I'm not going to have much to say right now except to lay out what's coming.Before all these Snipe madness started I was planning on writing a few blog posts featuring the extreme variability of Kumlien's Iceland Gull. I did get the 1st winter birds covered but still have to cover the 2nd, 3rd years and adults. As well, I was involved in a discussion of Yellow-legged Gulls on the frontiers of bird identification newsgroup and will be posting a nice selection of Newfoundland Yellow-legged Gulls with some discussion as a follow up to that post.

Other that than that I plan on writing some other identification pieces including one on separating wigeons(its not as easy as youn think!) and scaups. I will probably also have something else to say about Snipes.

Aside from identification articles I will be posting a trip report and a general overview of what birding in Newfoundland has been like this winter. After all that is done, if I have anything left I will announce next winters tour and a 2012, mega Newfoundland Birding adventure. I'm really excited about that. There is some potential for some great birds. I am still in the early logistical stages, but I'm looking at something like a 10-12 day tour spanning a good part of the island.

For now I leave you with this video. I was simply in awe when I watched it. I could hardly believe it. Not sure I agree with the whole practice and kinda feel bad for the Wolves, but man those Eagles are awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment